Join our family.
Vornado Air, LLC is always looking for the best talent in the industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a dynamic work environment. Whether you are in sales, engineering or manufacturing please consider a career at Vornado Air, LLC.
All positions located at the Vornado Headquarters in Andover, KS.
Vornado Air, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONAL PRODUCT MANAGER
Summary of Position:
Responsible for maximizing customer and consumer acceptance, sales volume, market penetration, or share growth, and the profitability of assigned categories. Responsible for coordinating, and finalizing new product(s) development. Researches industry and sales data, builds competitive analysis, makes sales department contacts, and makes product recommendations. Skillfully manage, coordinate and/or assist the work of specialists (in-house and outside) in such activities as product line rationale, engineering and product design, product package design, marketing strategy and plans, advertising, point-of-purchase and other promotional devices, sales training, and costing and pricing strategies. To assume an ownership role regarding brand presentation across the various country websites. Lead the International team’s engagement in understanding international social media platforms and the incorporation of this insight into selling strategies.
Assumes responsibility for assigned product categories as determined for international distribution.
- Assists in developing strategic and tactical portfolio development plans that are aligned with business objectives.
- Reviews and monitors product porfolio profitability; recommends pricing adjustments, both wholesale and retail to Sales Management.
- Maintains and communicates weighted product portfolio margin analysis against forecasts and PM outlook providing category, mix, and sku insight resulting in enhanced portfolio performance.
- Maintains competition surveillance, including but not limited to distribution trends, market pricing, product design and features, etc.
- Identifies new-product opportunities during domestic model development process and provides specific product development objectives to research within PM role or outsource to R&D.
- Directs implementation of product development plans including market strategy, sales coordination, pricing proposal, distribution, etc.
- Analyzes and interprets market data to take advantage of opportunities and customers’ demands.
- Works closely with sales, operations, brand marketing, and legal in the development of product marketing plans.
- Monitors progress of product marketing plans and reports to senior management.
Assumes responsibility for leading and implementing effective product development programs as directed
- Assists as required with management and R&D in the development of long and short term strategic product development plans.
- Assumes co-leadership role in coordination with International Project Development Manager ensuring execution of identified NPD projects through design, engineering, and quoting activities resulting in a successful product launch.
- Conducts market research, mostly through on-line platforms,and creates product development strategies to complement and support Company goals and strategic objectives.
- Assists sales management with the development and implementation of training, promotion, and advertising programs that further product development objectives.
- Assists Director of Creative Services with the recommendations and implementattion of product marketing strategies including copywriting, packaging and in-carton materials while maintaining regulatory compliance as identified by Compliance Director.
- Updates and maintains accurate and current product information (dimensions, container quantities, etc. ) on sales materials, customer specifications worksheets, and in PLEX MRP system.
- Consistently communicates international nuances and requirements throughout the organization, raising awareness of issues outside the scope of domestic product development and marketing.
Assumes responsibility for tracking and reporting on consumer and customer feedback as it relates to quality and functionality of all products.
- Monitors feedback from consumer service, web sites, consumer reviews, internal purchased data sources, etc to identify and resolve product issues.
- Conducts meetings with consumer service, engineering, quality, product and manufacturing as issues present themselves online or via our own phones here at Vornado to ensure there is organizational visibility.
- Provides conumer feedback to the appropriate parties for continuous product improvement.
- Maintains sku level defective returns detail to enable appropriate quality actions and supplier accountability
Assumes reponsibility for seasonal new product sales training and preparation via twice annual sales meetings. Working closely with domestic Product Managers and the International Sales Team to enhance product market penetration.
- Communicates and implements key selling strategies across sales team against multiple channels
- Provides ad-hoc sales team support with appropriate samples and sales tools. This includes updating and maintaining MS Powerpoint Master International product presentations on the company network.
- Maintains and communicates line rationale tools effectively providing the sales team with price point progressions and retail positioning support.
- Assists selling team as needed with category management consultation to maximize assortment effectieveness.
- Assists International Sales Team in support of International Trade Exhibitions
Assumes key role in customer / product compliance in areas such as product testing and other as directed.
- Engages with customer logistics and compliance contacts to facilitate exection in a timely manner
- Coordinate with appropriate members of Purchasing and the China team to facilitate compliance as needed.
- Maintains communication with selling team as necessary to enure customer compliance requirements.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed of developments in the marketing field and of markets affecting Company operations.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Attends and participates in meetings as necessary.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Assumes lead role in learning nuances of international social media platforms
- Routinely reviews brand and product content on all international websites to ensure continuity and price equilibrium
- Identify new ways to engage consumers via social and digital media channels.
- Meets and coordinates with Vornado Brand team and domestic Amazon team to understand and participate in best practices development.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Company products and services.
- Understanding of sales and promotion techniques.
- Understanding of the consumer goods product development process.
- Understanding of the consumer goods go-to-market process.
- Understanding of international cultural nuances and social norms.
- Minimum of five years of experience in product management, sales, marketing, public relations, or advertising.
- International travel experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and work within deadlines.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn new skillsets and to think outside the norm
- Ability to understand mechanical attributes of consumer electrical products
- Ability to read simple mechanical drawing related to product bill of materials
- Ability to quickly understand complex notions and interpret them succinctly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Ability to negotiate timelines, costs and workflow with internal and external resources.
- Strong planning and project management skills with significant focus on details
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read, write and/or speak additional languages a plus.
- Ability to proficiently operate computer applications including:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Internal MRP system (PLEX)
- Internet including Vornado cloud services (Box)
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Ability to obtain a valid US passport and necessary work visas.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
Resumes can be submitted to email@example.com