Join our family.
Vornado Air, LLC is always looking for the best talent in the industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a dynamic work environment. Whether you are in sales, engineering or manufacturing please consider a career at Vornado Air, LLC.
All positions located at the Vornado Headquarters in Andover, KS.
Vornado Air, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes can be submitted to: email@example.com.
Summary of Position:
Conceptualize, develop and create new product embodiments in consumer spaces for Vornado and other aligned products and brands. Responsible for understanding and synthesizing the desired features, benefits, form, and function of new product designs. Produce new models/concepts and refine existing models/concepts using a variety of techniques. Participate in the generation and development of part designs, research materials, construction techniques, and new product knowledge to enhance departmental design and development capabilities. Stay abreast of Industrial Design industry trends and new applicable technologies. Participate in the color selection for product and on-product graphics and assist with layout and design packaging and marketing materials as needed.
Creates robust appliance design concepts, detailed models and supporting assets for custom designed build projects.
- Use mechanical design software to create complete mechanical design concepts for robust and low-risk appliance designs that will complete the project scope within the budget and schedule parameters defined by product development team.
- Work with design stakeholders to develop consumer-friendly product controls and user interfaces, aligned with practical mechanical and electronic constructs.
- Identify areas of risk and work quickly to prototype and mitigate risk / maximize opportunity.
- Know and understand principles that drive functional excellence within products.
- Know, understand and design accordingly to the range of materials and manufacturing techniques required to achieve excellence in mass production.
- Know and understand the project scope, specifications, and essential regulatory requirements that are applicable to the appliance being developed.
Assumes responsibility for the efficient, timely, and accurate ideation and development of industrial design and engineering functions.
- Work collaboratively with project stakeholders to contribute to early stage product ideation.
- Create complete, organized, detailed design packages and coordinate and conduct a cohesive transition to internal engineering resources.
- Keep the project lead abreast of all out-of-scope work.
- Supports the selection of materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, surface finishes and manufacturing processes in cooperation with other business functions that are involved in the new product development process.
- Support the fabrication, assembly and debug processes for the project as required. Within assigned projects lead the mechanical debug activities to ensure the machine assembly and debug phases are completed on schedule.
- Cultivates an understanding of, and maintains, a consistent “trade dress” within the product portfolio.
- Stay abreast of Industrial Design industry trends and new applicable technologies.
- Utilize graphics and artwork as necessary for required graphics on-product.
- Actively participates in development and testing of products, identifies problems and resolves them quickly and effectively.
- Regulates work flow to ensure maximum effienciency.
- Maintains an agile, open and collaborative approach/outlook within dynamic project workflows.
- Ensures that design proposals are completed in accordance with established engineering, production, safety, and quality standards.
Effectively collaborates with project stakeholders, ensuring optimal performance.
- Delivers excellence through effective objective setting, collaboration, and communication. Conducts meetings and initiates communication to ensure that all project stakeholders are well informed of project changes as perceived risks or opportunities arise.
- Routinely reports and communicates with project leaders on matters relating to project and workflow status in a timely manner.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with all company personnel and management.
Assumes responsibility for effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with external clients, customers, contractors, and officials.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Engineering or in Fine Arts with Strong 3D Design Emphasis or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of parametric modeling software (CAD, Solidworks, Catia, ProE or similar) with emphasis in aesthetic design backed with technical experience.
- Understanding or experience with 3D printing technologies is highly desirable.
- Understanding or experience with photo-quality rendering software is desirable.
- Experience in design of consumer appliances is highly desirable.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing disciplines is required.
- Experience in consumer experiential design (UI/UX) is desirable
- Ability to multi-task and work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to open, understand and modify 3D drawings and 2D schematics.
- Well organized with strong planning and project management skills.
- Detailed oriented with strong written, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand mechanical attributes of consumer electrical appliances.
- Quality orientation.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of basic hand tools.
- Ability to proficiently operate computer applications including:
- Solid Works
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Parametric modeling software.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience is desirable.
Resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOT FINDING A CAREER?
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you’re not seeing a career opportunity that fits you, and you’d still like to be part of the Vornado family, please send your resumé to: email@example.com