Why we collect personal information
Vornado collects and uses your personal information for various purposes, including to:
- give you superior customer service;
- provide you with convenient access to our products and services and make a wider range available to you;
- deliver the information, products, or services you request;
- provide, maintain, and improve the Website;
- keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, special offers, and other information we think you’d like to hear about;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Website;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provided the information.
How we collect personal information
- Information You Provide To Us. We collect information about you in several ways. For example, we might ask for your contact information when you correspond with us, call us to make a purchase, or request service. We also collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Website, fill out a form, or otherwise communicate with us via the Website. In addition, when you register a new Vornado product or ask to be included in an email mailing list, we collect and store the information you provide in a secure database. Such information may include information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, and credit card information (“personal information”), as well as information about how and why you purchased our products and information about your household members, including income, birth date, marital status, and education, and any other information you choose to provide. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Website. When you access or use the Website, we automatically collect information about you. For example:
- We log information about your use of the Website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to the Website.
- We use various technologies to collect information, including sending cookies to your computer or mobile device and placing web beacons on pages of the Website. Cookies and web beacons are described in greater detail below.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
When we disclose personal information
We will not share your personal information with third parties without your express consent, except in the limited circumstances described below:
- to vendors, consultants, and other service provides who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, we give shipping companies your information to the extent necessary to permit them to deliver your products efficiently.
- to the extent that we are required by law or legal process to disclose your personal information.
- if we believe that disclosure is necessary for the public interest, or if it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions of Use, or who may otherwise be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property or the rights or property of our other Website users or customers.
- we may disclose ‘blinded’ aggregated data and user statistics to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. Blinded data is data which does not identify an individual person.
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, whether to another company or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Vornado about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- with your consent or at your direction; or
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
If we are going to use your personal information differently from that stated at the time of collection, we will try to contact you via email using the most recent information we have. If you have not given us permission to communicate with you, you will not be contacted.
Social Sharing Features
The Website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button and the Twitter “Follow” button), which let you share actions you take on the Website with other media. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the privacy settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. Use these social sharing features at your own risk. No security measures, including the privacy settings referenced above, are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that the information you share using such features will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
How do we protect financial-related information?
Keeping your personal financial information private is vitally important to us. As a matter of policy and long-time business practice we do not sell information provided by our customers. Any user statistics that we may provide to prospective partners regarding financial matters are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user. We will transfer your credit card number, bank account number, or other personal information to the appropriate credit card company or bank in order to process any online payments.
How we protect your personal information
Vornado uses commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the security of your information with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. Likewise, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers and make sure you use a secure browser.
The Website uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. To make purchases from the Website, you must use an SSL-enabled browser, such as +. This protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet. We may update browser requirements from time to time by posting a notice on the Website.
Remember to sign out of your Vornado account and close your browser window when you have finished your work to ensure that others cannot access your account by using your computer when you are away from it. Because of the global nature of the Internet, when you give us information, that information may be sent electronically to servers outside of the country where you originally entered the information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Except as discussed above or otherwise designated, the Website does not use security encryption measures. Therefore, information that you disclose by use of the Website (as with any website that is non-secure), by posting a message or using e-mail, potentially could be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties or use of such information by third parties for their own purposes, legal or illegal. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services, and you do so at your own risk.
- You can always choose not to provide information when you are prompted to do so. Note, however, that if you do not provide us with certain mandatory information, then you may be unable to take advantage of certain features of the Website.
- You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by signing into your account and editing your personal information in your account profile. You may also do so by contacting us via telephone, postal mail, or email.
- The Website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about you. Where indicated, just click on “I choose not to receive future communications” when completing a survey or other form. In addition, we will provide you with simple instructions on each marketing email from Vornado for you to let us know that you have chosen to stop receiving such emails from us. If you opt out, we may still send non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Vornado does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Third Party Websites
Changes to this statement
Vornado Air LLC
Attn: Consumer Service
415 E. 13th St.
Andover, KS 67002
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Vornado who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the address set forth above.